The artist who completed the original wall paintings in the Central Hall, East Parlor, and West Parlor was Francis Pedretti. Pedretti was born in Lombardia, Italy in 1829 and studied at the Fine Arts Academy of Miland. He immigrated to the United States in 1850. He eventually moved to Cincinnati in 1854 to work on the Burnett House Hotel (like Hillforest, this was designed by Isaiah Rogers). Pedretti had also worked at the Astor House in New York City, also designed by Isaiah Rogers. He painted the interiors in the Columbus Opera House and two opera houses in Cincinnati., as well as some of the City Buildings in Cincinnati. His two sons, Raphael and Charles followed in their father’s footsteps and joined him as partners in his painting business. Pedretti Avenue in Delhi, Ohio is named after the artist. His son Charles, a renowned artist in his own right, built a large home on Pedretti Avenue in 1909 on land owned by his father. Other surviving work by Francis Pedretti can be found at Memorial Hall in Cincinnati, Ohio.